What household items have a DC motor?
Good usually Purely battery or battery/mains motorised appliances will usually have DC motors – eg electric toothbrush, razors, battery belnders, … .
Where can a DC motor be found?
Most washer and dryer machines use an AC motor to be able to spin in either direction. Small DC motors can be found in DVD or CD players, and the disk drive of a computer.
What uses a DC motor?
Applications. DC motors are suitable for many applications – including conveyors, turntables and others for which adjustable speed and constant or low-speed torque are required. They also work well in dynamic braking and reversing applications, which are common in many industrial machines.
Where are DC motors used in everyday life?
In our daily life, they are used in printers, fuel pumps, and electric vehicles. While in spacecraft applications, they are used in solar airplane, electric aircraft, and propulsion systems.
How do you identify a DC motor?
Look for the commutator & brushes and salient field system to confirm. (iii) has 5 terminals, then it is a AC synchronous motor (3 for stator and 2 for field). Look for 2 slip rings for rotor dc supply. (iii) has 4 terminals, then it may be a DC motor, in which case look for the commutator & brushes to confirm.
How can you make a DC motor more powerful?
How to improve torque and RPM of a DC motor?
- Case 1: Increase/Decrease strength of permanent magnets. What would happen to torque and RPM? …
- Case 2: Increase/Decrease size of magnet wires. …
- Case 3: Increase/Decrease the size of armature. …
- Case 4: Increase/Decrease the number of turns (coil).
What are the disadvantages of DC motor?
Disadvantages of DC motors
- High initial cost.
- Increased operation and maintenance cost due to the presence of commutator and brush gear.
- Cannot operate in explosive and hazard conditions due to sparking occur at brush (risk in commutation failure)
How much does a DC motor cost?
Questions & Answers on DC Motors
|Speed||Min Price||Max Price|
|2000-6000 RPM||Rs 60/Piece||Rs 5500/Piece|